Busta Hip | guitar
Born and raised on the mean streets of Fox Point WI, I learned at an early age how to navigate between the various neighborhood gangs and roaming police tactical units to keep myself alive in order to learn and hone my craft: a passable barre chord in A, and maybe one in E too. As a very young hoodlum, my first real exposure to modern music was hearing “I’m Eighteen” by Alice Cooper. It was then I realized 1) I wanted to wear scary eye makeup and be a rock star, and 2) I wanted to be eighteen. Alas, on the day of my nineteenth birthday, I had accomplished only one of those goals. Undeterred, and with renewed dedication and vigor, I spent the next several decades in various rock bands gigging in hilariously smoke-filled clubs playing songs featuring barre chords in A, and sometimes in E too. One day in late 2022 I appeared on the radar of the legendary SuperFly™ who was looking for the best and oldest guitarist they could find who would still help them bang gear after a show. Eddie Van Halen and Jeff Beck were unavailable at the time for them, but third choice yours truly leapt at the opportunity to join Wisconsin’s ultimate party band, and play awesome fun songs for you that may or may not have barre chords in A or E.
- Motto: It is very cold in space.
- Catchphrase: Smiles everyone! Smiles!
- Favorite color: Whatever color rich Corinthian leather is.
- Favorite food: Delicious Torta Aztec prepared by Ricardo Montalban.
- Superpower: I have five times your strength. Yet I find myself growing fatigued.
- Likes: 1980s Chrysler Cordobas with rich Corinthian leather seats.
- Dislikes: Admiral James T Kirk.